Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend before Chirstmas






Well, this was a busy weekend for us! The HRG Christmas Party was Friday night. I think it went well; everyone seemed to have a good time. We had good food, and everyone enjoyed being with each other. We were even able to get a few pics of all the agents; I’m going to use them in the ad for this week. I only have to make one half-page ad, not my normal 4-5 full pages!! Yeah for Kathey! But, since I’ll be out next week, I have to make all of those ads this week. Oh well, there’s nothing else going on around here today!




Elizabeth spent the night with Memaw and Papaw on Friday. Amy and I went to Save a Lot and WalMart on Saturday morning before things got wild. She has learned how to SCREECH!!! And decided to do it all over both stores. YAH!!! At one point I said, “Amy, if you don’t’ hush, I’m going to spank you!” So, in grand two year old style, she muted her screech to an “aah, aah, aah”. It would be so much easier to discipline that child if she wasn’t so darn cute!!! She has also discovered that she will fit in the Sam's Cooler bag, and I had to carry her out to the car in it so we could go out. I wish I had a pic of her sticking her head out of it, quite cute.




Elizabeth came home shortly after we got back, and the girls played for a while. Then, we took Amy back to Memaw and Papaw’s so that we could go to the church and practice for the play. We got everything set up, and had a good dress rehearsal. After we picked Amy up, we went to Jackson for a while, I had a Target gift card and wanted to get my KITCHEN AIDE STAND MIXER and needed a few more things to finish out my shopping list for Christmas Dinner. But, let’s talk about my mixer for a minute. I have wanted one for a WHILE. But, they are not cheap. I knew the one I wanted, and that was the one I was going to have. So, I did some research, and they were about the same price at WM and Target. Since I had a gift card that would pay for roughly half of it at Target, the decision was made!!! It is SOOO nice!! I have already used it 3 or 4 times, and I have had it less than 48 hours. Jason laughed at me b/c I have been talking to it. Is it so wrong to fall head over heels in love with a kitchen appliance? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO KATHEY!!! I know I should not have bought it, I know I should have used the gift card for diapers or something practical like that, but I WANTED it...so I BOUGHT IT!!!




We had church yesterday morning. I had nursery for the first time in a while. That’s pretty odd, for a while I had it literally every other week. I don’t mind nursery once in a while, but every other week is a bit much. I think that if you have a child in the nursery, you should work in the nursery. For the most part, that’s what happens, but there are those… ;) Anyhow, I’ve decided that when Amy turns four and goes to Children’s Church, my nursery days are over for a while.
Last night was the big performance. The kids sang before it. Elizabeth did such a good job. It’s amazing to see how much she has come out of her shell in the past year. A year ago, she would have cried at the thought of even going on the stage, and last night she was up there singing like no body’s business. I was a bit proud.




Our play went very well. Jason was the main character, a guy who has lost his faith, Chas was a woman who had a rough year that God saw her through, Hunter was a guy handing out food to the homeless, and I was a thief and a homeless person. I started off with two lines in this play, and by the end, I had two roles. I really think it went well; we had a lot of compliments.





Well, I guess I should get to work now. I’ve been typing and eating breakfast all morning, and I just dropped the breakfast down my shirt. Maybe God it telling me to get back to work???

No comments:

Post a Comment