We had a good holiday. I don’t have my camera, but I’ll try to put up some pics later. The girls both seemed to really enjoy their presents. E’s big one was a Leapster, and Amy got a trike. Both seemed to suit them.
Amy has been talking her head off lately. Yesterday, I told her no about something, and she said, “Oh, man, Mommy!!!” I’m not sure when I graduated from Mama to Mommy, but I’m ok with it. ;) She has also been eating us out of house and home! Three meals a day! Now, getting Amy to eat three meals a WEEK is normally a big deal, so three a day is amazing. Man, when I picked her up this morning, I noticed it, too! I know that kid has gained some weight. At this rate, she might hit 25 lbs by spring! Since she only gained 3 lbs last year, I’m ok with it!
Elizabeth seems to really be enjoying her time off from school. Today is the first day that I have worked since Christmas, so she and I have had a lot of time together. She has really been a big help with the Christmas cooking and cleaning. I’ve even been able to get her to ride her bike a bit since Amy got one. Thankfully, the weather has been very nice and we have been able to spend a lot of time outside.
We did have a rough time yesterday. The girls and I were riding bikes in the driveway, and Bobby the dog was out. Well, a truck rounded the corner and next thing I know, my dog is behind hurled out from behind it. Yep, some idiot ran over my dog. In front of my kids. He never even stopped, just kept on driving. Thankfully, some neighbors came out b/c of all the commotion and took the girls inside for me. Bobby was able to run back to his pen, where he calmed down enough for me to check him out. His from leg was cut pretty bad. Later, I went to check on him and he couldn’t stand. I just knew his leg was broken. When Jason got home, he took him to the vet, and thankfully he was just beat up pretty bad. The vet gave him two shots, and he was pretty loopy by the time he got back home. Bobby, not Jason. HAHAHAH The girls haven’t said much about it, other than Elizabeth asking if the man in the red truck went to Jail. When I said no, she said he should. Out of the mouths of babes, eh? I wouldn’t be near as mad if he had stopped and said “I’m sorry.” Know what I mean?
At any rate, what concerns me the most about this is the KIDS that live on our street. Would he have stopped if it had been one of them? I have decided that Elizabeth is no longer allowed to check the mail, and I was paranoid about even letting them in the driveway yesterday afternoon. It’s a shame to have to be like that b/c of some people, know what I mean.
Ok, on to happier topics. We are going to Lambert’s tomorrow!! I am quite excited. I hope you all have a happy New Year and a great 2009!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment