Friday, December 19, 2008

A conversatin about God with Elizabeth

So, the other day Elizabeth and I were in the car. A conversation with Elizabeth is always interesting, and most of the time amusing, so here it is--
E-Mama, I'm upset
K-Why, baby?
E-I prayed for something and God didn't give it to me.
K-Well, what did you pray for.
E-Powers.
K-Powers?
E-Yes, powers, you know like, super memory, invisibility, and stuff like that.
K-trying hard not to laugh-Well, baby, God doesn't usually give ppl super powers. I'm not going to say he can't but he usually doesn't. Why do you need super powers?
E-Well, I need the memory so I don't forget things, and it would just be nice to be able to be invisible.
K-God gives us what we need, but not always what we want. Maybe he thought you didnt' really NEED to be invisible, and he gave you a mind to study with so you already have a memory.
E- I know, but I wasn't asking for super powers, just normal ones. I just think it would be cool to be invisible, dont' you?

Well, I guess you can't argue with that, can you?

1 comment:

  1. Aren't kids so smart these days. Dakota Grace is not going to fall for Santa period. She wouldn't go within 20 foot and notified me there wasn't anything she wanted.

    ReplyDelete