After we were done there, we finally got on the road. We stopped and got supper at McDonald’s on the way. One potty stop later, we got the Clarksville about 9pm without any major drama, which is always a plus. We unloaded, and hung out for a few minutes before turning in for the night. We were all worn out!
The next morning, it was COLD!!!! Thankfully, I had packed some jeans and jackets for us. The girls, Grams, and I wanted to go out to a few stores. (Well, Grams and I wanted to go, we just took the girls with us. They were less than thrilled) Elizabeth needed some shorts, and we were able to find several pair for her. They are quite cute! She’s wearing a pair to school today, actually. We also picked up a few other things.
After we were done, we went home for lunch. Then, we headed up to Cheatam Dam. None of us had been there in YEARS, and the girls had never been. It was too cold to be out of the car for very long, but we enjoyed driving around and looking. It was different stuff.
It was VERY windy, and the water was very choppy. Obviously, some people were not deterred by this...
It was neat to see how much deeper the water was on one side of the dam vs the other.
By the way, they mean this...
After we were done, we drove over to Ashland City, just because we could. Then we headed back home.
We hung out for a while, and then we went to Cici’s for supper. No trip to Grams and Granddaddy’s house is complete without this. Shrek 3 was playing, so the kids were occupied while we ate. ;) After that, we wandered around Lowe’s for a while. I do love Lowes. It’s one of my favorite stores. Elizabeth likes it, too. She likes to look at the kitchens and the appliances. Like mother, like daughter.
Then we headed back to the house. The girls played legos, and Mama and I played Skipbo. We also taught Elizabeth how to play. We had worn Daddy out, so he just rested. Heheh :) Then, we turned in.
The next morning, we headed to Erin. I like to take the girls to my grandparent’s home place, and Daddy had some boards that I wanted to build a storage unit for Amy’s room. We played over there for quite a while and had a good time.
this was fascinating to the kiddos. ;)
You can see my great-grandparents house in this picture. Sometimes, we got to run through the field to their house.
As children, we were never allowed to touch the cistern.
I'm a rebel in my old age, though.
This is the tree where all the DRY FLIES were. ;)
Then, we headed back home. We really had SUCH a good time. We did have to stop at Taco Bell and get beans for Amy on the way, though. You know that girl and her beans!!!
Unfortunately, all this country fun took its toll on Elizabeth. She went to school yesterday, but I had to go get her. Her allergies were all kinds of messed up. Her teacher called me and said, “Something is WRONG with Elizabeth.” She stayed at school about 45 minutes before calling me to come and get her. Three doses of Benadryl and a good night of sleep later, she is back to her old self.

No comments:
Post a Comment