Friday, June 5, 2009

SCHOOOOOL’S OUT.FOR.SUMMA’!!!!




Well, we officially have a second grader! I took Elizabeth to school yesterday and the principal said she didn’t have to stay if she didn’t want to. So, she went in with her teacher for a minute to get her report card, and then she was DONE!! I cried a little bit. It’s just so hard to believe that she’s in second grade! I still look at them sometimes and think, “Who ARE you little people???”
I am so thankful that Elizabeth had a great year. What a difference from last year!!! Awards day was Wednesday, and Elizabeth got 5 of the 7 awards for her class. She missed one day, so no perfect attendance award, and she wasn’t qualified for the honor roll award (A’s and B’s) b/c she got the Principal’s Award (all A’s). You know, I always said I just wanted my kids to be NORMAL, AVERAGE kids. I was the smart kid, and it’s NOT as easy as everyone thinks it is. But, then…she got those awards…and I saw a pic of HHS Gradation…and the Valedictorian… and..well, you see where this is going. :) I get excited thinking about it. When she graduates from law school in 15 years (I didn’t get to go, so one of my kids has to), we’ll laugh about how I just wanted average. When have I EVER settled for that where intelligence was concerned. HAHAHAH! I got so tickled. Jason brought her to work after the awards program so I could show her off. My boss asked her how she got so many awards, and she innocently said, “I just tried my best.” That’s right baby, you just do your best, and you’ll go far.

We had some good old redneck fun the other night. Check out these videos. Believe it or not, Amy wouldn’t do it. Terrified her! She’s funny about slides, though. Sometimes she loves them and sometimes she won’t have anything to do with them. On another thought, why does my voice sound so different when I hear it on tape?








This week is VBS at our old church. We are all enjoying being with our old friends and Elizabeth has almost learned the Lord’s Prayer. I asked her about it and she said, “Mama, it’s in the song. How could I NOT learn it?” Goober head. Heheh! Amy is having a good time, too. She even went to story time last night and seemed to enjoy herself. She said , “I sit wif Mista Jas-n”. Last night they played a game where they had to throw a ball into a pool. Elizabeth made almost every shot she took, and even made the tie breaker shot to win the game for her team! I joked that that may be the closets anyone in our family ever gets to winning an athletic event…

No comments:

Post a Comment