Monday, June 22, 2009

It’s HOT!!!!

~written 6/20/09~
Man, is it hot outside! The heat indexes have reached 100 plus for the past 3 or 4 days. I think someone forgot to tell the weatherman that it’s JUNE, not August! How hot is it going to be then? June is supposed to still be cool enough to wear jeans and be comfortable. Not this year!!! The kids are playing in the pool, and I brought the camera out to make some pics. I had to wait before I could take the pics b/c the camera fogged up so bad I couldn’t see through the lens. I was actually a little concerned about turning on the laptop in this heat, but I figured Toshiba had already thought of that. HAHAHAH!
Elizabeth went to another VBS this week, this time with Jason’s grandmother. She really did enjoy herself. I had some reservations for a lot of reasons, but thankfully they were unfounded. This coming week, she will go to Creative Arts camp at our church. She is excited about that. I won’t have to buy Elizabeth any more shirts this summer…she’s getting them from every VBS she goes to!
We were finally able to coordinate with Aunt Nancy and get her extra twin bed brought to our house for Amy. It’s odd to look in that room and see a real bed! It was sad taking the crib down completely, but she was SO ready for this. She was a little apprehensive the first night, but it was the first time she had ever slept alone in a bed without rails on three sides. She looks so TINY in it.
Oh, funny story… the other day we were out and E was playing on the redneck water slide. (See previous blog for video footage). Anyhow, she was going down on her belly. She starts yelling about being stuck. We honestly just blew her off…Elizabeth can be a bit dramatic, in case you didn’t know. Anyhow, she finally went down the slide and her one piece swimsuit had suddenly become a two piece. I wasn’t mad at her, of course, she couldn’t help it, but I was a bit perturbed to have to throw that brand new swimsuit in the trashcan! This morning, we decided to try one on from last year. I can’t find her one at WalMart that fits. The little girls are too little and the jr’s are too big…and too hoochy! So we decided to see what we could do…maybe use a top we had from an old tankini and get some new shorts or something. Well, low and behold, Elizabeth has shape-shifted again. The suit that was too tight last year fits great now. Guess those six inches she grew in the last six months made a difference!
So, today is Jason’s birthday. He’s 31. Of course, he’s at work. He was pretty bummed about that. Hopefully, he won’t have to work ALL DAY. I still maintain that my husband is the only part time/temp employee in the free world that works 75 hours a week. We are going to grill out some steaks tonight for birthday/father’s day. He also requested a chocolate cake, so I’m going to make one for him later. Occasionally, I do nice things for people, but I try not to make it a habit, you know.
Elizabeth and I worked an open house last weekend. She had a large time. It was a nice house, and she was fascinated. She kept saying, “Take my picture, Mama, so they’ll think we live here.” She wanted to know why we couldn’t have the house. I told her next time I had an extra 300K I’d buy it. And yes, the tub was clean...it was an empty house. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment