Thursday, August 25, 2011

Did that really just happen?

So, we bought a house. Yes, a house. I know it seems TOTALLY out of the blue, but we have been talking about it literally for YEARS. I’ve studied the market in Medina for years. We always knew the house we are in now was not forever. All the cards just fell together, and God laid it out for us.


We have looked at four houses this week. Well, we went in three of them. I couldn’t decide between Crockett Co and Medina, but Jason wanted Medina. So, it only made since that if I was indecisive, and he knew what he wanted, we should pick his choice.

I think we both knew when we went in the house that it was THE ONE. I expected to like it…I did NOT expect to buy it. I expected to buy the four bedroom across the street. Both are about 1600 sq ft, so naturally the bedrooms are bigger in the 3 bedroom. Also, the 4th bedroom in the other one is upstairs above the garage. Jason did NOT like the pitch of the ceiling in that bedroom.

So, a little about the house we chose. Tuesday morning, I put a new listing in the MLS. I made a comment about how cute it was. Didn’t really think much else about it. We decided to go see the 4 bedroom home that afternoon. We thought we may as well see the 3 bedroom, just for kicks. Typically, a subdivision is full of cookie cutter floorplans. This one is different. That’s one of the things I like about it. I’ll have to post pics when we move in. The bedrooms are all together. Call me weird, but I like that. I don’t like split bedroom plans as much. There is also a HUGE master closet, and both of the other bedrooms have large closets as well. We have almost no closet space in the girls’ rooms now. There is also a large hall area in front of the bedrooms, almost like another room. That was truly the final straw for me. I LOVE that space. The kitchen is kinda funny shaped, but it flows very well. It looks great. :0 It is SO CLEAN. The yard is fenced!!! The puppy dogs will be happy with that. There is a patio in the back yard. The only issue I have is one that I would have had anywhere, you can see your neighbors! I have always had a private back yard, so that will take some getting used to!

As we were leaving, some friends of ours drove up, so we will even know the neighbors! We have several friends that live in Medina, including some of Elizabeth and Amy’s best friends, so I think we will be very happy there.

We are scheduled to close at the end of September, and we will move in soon after. WOOHOOO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're the only person I know who works in real estate that hasn't moved a bazillion times. I would imagine that seeing all those pretty houses all day every day would make you want to buy every cute house you can. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete