Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let it snow!!!





Last Thursday, rumor had it that we were going to get snow---and a lot of it! Well, about 8 Thursday night, it started freezing raining. (Is that proper grammar? Sounds funny) It rained for several hours, and then turned to snow. Then, it snowed for hours more. Then, more freezing rain. By the end, we had a snow sandwich---.25 inches ice, about 5 inches of snow, and .25 inches more of ice. The kids were out of school Friday, Monday, and again Tuesday. Surely they will go back tomorrow!!!!



Elizabeth was so funny—all afternoon Thursday she kept saying “God let it snow so we don’t have to go to school on Friday”. Well, she got her wish, but she was supposed to go to a slumber party on Friday night that was cancelled. She was NOT happy about that!



Jason went to work on Friday, but they sent him back home. I stayed home until he got back, and then I worked for a while. I wasn’t crazy about driving in the ice, and I REALLY wasn’t crazy about driving in it with the kids in the car!!! I worked until about 2, then went home and we played outside for a little while. It was still sleeting/snowing, so we didn’t stay out very long; the kids were getting beat up! Friday night, we hung out together and watched movies. E and I slept in the living room so that she could have a slumber party. :) She discovered the Neverending Story, and I think she watched it 3-4 times over the weekend.



Saturday, we played outside again. It was much better this day, and it wasn’t raining any more and we could really have a good time. We were out for quite a while. We weren’t able to build a snowman, but we managed to amuse ourselves anyway. The snow was strange, you could lift up big sheets of the ice off the top of it.



Church was cancelled on Sunday, but we had heard rumors that some people from Northbrook were meeting up at a school in Jackson to go Redneck Sledding. So, we braved the elements, took our pool toys and camping mattresses, and headed over. Oh, my goodness!!! Such FUN!!!!!!! Someone had left some kiddie pools there, and they make the best sleds! I guess there were about 25 of us there from church, and we stayed a good three hours, going up and down the hills. We are all so sore, but man!!! FUN!!!!!! Amy ate her weight in snow, and Elizabeth finally realized that it would be ok for her to sled down the hill with her friends.



Monday, we had to go back to work. The roads were still a little rough, but neither of us had a problem. I did take Amy back to the doctor again for a recheck on her ears. They are clear for now. Dr. Amy put her on a month of antibiotics to try and ward off any further infection. We shall see…. That evening, Jason stayed home with the girls while I went to dinner with my Bible study group from church. We had a great time, and didn’t get kicked out of the restaurant or anything. HAHAHA!!



Things seem to be back to normal today. The roads are pretty clean, but there is still snow in all the yards. Wonder if it’s hanging around, waiting for more? I hope not. I’ve had my fix, and I’m ready for spring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment