Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall!

Well, I guess Fall is officially here. Leaves everywhere, and that crispy chill in the air. Every season I think "This is my favorite" I love the snow in winter. I love the new life in spring. I love the promise that a summer holds. And fall reminds me that the holidays are coming, and we get to start all over again.

We went to a corn maze/pumpkin patch a few weeks ago. None of us had ever been. It was fun to watch the kids pick out their pumpkins and wander around in the corn.

Aunt Nancy, the girls and I took off for a few days at the beach last weekend. We left on Thursday night, intending to drive about 4 hours and find a hotel. When we stopped 10 hours later, we were at our hotel in Destin. We just kept going! The kids were asleep, and we were awake, so it just seemed the thing to do. We had so much fun. We went to the state park on Friday morning. It's so funny to watch my little "I can't swim" girl (Elizabeth) smash into those waves and let them carry her back to shore. Can't swim, my foot. ;) Amy was more cautious, she got in some, but enjoyed the sand more...and the fact that Aunt Nancy was there. After a nap for everyone at the hotel, we went back to play in the sand on Friday afternoon. On Saturday, it was too chilly to get in the water (Amers was a bit under the weather, still is...think the flu mist gave her a touch of the flu), so we drove over to Laguna Beach and Panama City Beach. We had never been to either of them. They were both nice, but Destin is much nicer. Amy kept saying "I playing in the snow" b/c the sand was so white. After we got back, we went to Build A Bear and Wally World. We were planning a picnic on the beach, but the wind was so fierce we opted for dinner in the room and some time in the hotel pool instead. We drove back home on Sunday. We had such a good time...I expect we will go again soon.

Yesterday, we headed to Martin to take some fall pics on the campus. I got some good ones, but was disappointed when I got home b/c the very best on that I had of the two girl was blurred. The trees behind them were in perfect focus though!!! Grrr!!! We piddled around up there for a while before having dinner at Applebee's (ours closed) and then heading back home. Today we had church, and a long lazy afternoon...the best kind.

I'm going to put up some pics...hopefully tomorrow. They are on my laptop, and the battery is almost dead. I certainly wouldn't want to plug it up!!! HAHAHAH!

Hope you are enjoying your fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment