Monday, February 16, 2009

It finally happened! Elizabeth lost her first tooth!




It’s been loose since before Christmas. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Then at dinner on Saturday, she showed me how she could lay it down flat with her tongue. Well, it was coming out that night. Long story short, after screaming, whaling, and gnashing of teeth (hahaha), the tooth was out. Now, if you know Elizabeth, you know that it was DRAMA!!! I have heard women scream less birthing children. HAHAHAHA She looks so sweet with that little gap in her mouth! I really thought I would cry, but I didn’t. Memaw actually pulled it, and I scrubbed a hole in the floor while she did it (I clean when I’m stressed). Amy cried when she saw the hole in E’s mouth. The Tooth Fairy came that night. We were able to convince her that it would be ok to leave the tooth in her glasses case rather than under her pillow. I know that we normally don’t so stuff like that—Santa, Easter Bunny, and the like, and I think she’s on to me about the Tooth Fairy, but I figured what could it hurt? She has another loose one….. I find it amusing that the first tooth she lost was the first one she got. Baby teeth are SO TINY!!!
In other news, Amy is progressing nicely in the potty training department! I have not forced the issue by any means, I believe wholeheartedly in child led potty training, but she wants to go, so we go. She is averaging using the potty 3-4 times a day. I think that is just fine at 26 months old!!! Of course, she still wears diapers, b/c if she is busy she will wet them, but she will occasionally come and tell us PEEPEE or POTTY!!! You can tell when she’s sitting there and about to go b/c she gets this big grin on her face. We may actually get to STOP buying diapers in the near future. Jason and I are really making an effort to cut back expenses, maybe she’s just doing her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment