Last weekend, she competed in the regional spelling at Union University. There were 37 kids there from all over West TN, grades 3-8. She was the ONLY 3rd grader. We kept hearing people make comments when they read the program “There’s a THIRD GRADER here!” I so wanted to say “THAT’S MY BABY!!!”
There was a good crowd! Elizabeth did so well. She beat about 20 of the kids, and came in 16th. I think that is AMAZING. When some of the kids would miss a word, you would hear them crying. I felt so sorry for them. :( When Elizabeth missed her word (kahuna!) she bounced back to us with a grin on her face. I didn’t have to worry about her! HAHAH!
After wards, we went to Red Robin to celebrate. She even got some free ice cream because it was a special day. :) Aunt Nancy gave her some special pills, so she even got to eat it.
Needless to say, we are VERY PROUD OF ELIZABETH!!!!
(I dunno what's going on with these pics. They won't play right. But, they are all here..some more than once)
Congratulations, Elizabeth!!! :-D
ReplyDeleteLike mother, like daughter :)
ReplyDeleteI guess she's a bit too young to have experienced any Big Kahuna Burgers on Pulp Fiction.
hehheheeh :)
ReplyDelete